XUPWUP's League of Legends patcher
- On-the-fly archive building
- Multithreaded downloading
- Repair functionality
- Archive purging
Removing all unneeded files from archives. This reduces the size of your install directory to more
or less the same size as a clean install.
- Bundled Maestro server
- Self patching
- Supports EUW, NA, EUNE, BR, LAN, LAS, JP, OCE and PBE
Another important thing is speed. The patcher provided by Riot takes about 90 minutes to do a clean install. My patcher can do the
same thing in 7 minutes (both on a 10MiB/s connection).
Decompress all files in the directory where you want LoL installed.
The files should be in the same directory as the RADS directory. If no such directory exists, one will be
created. You can put it in your old LoL directory, and it should work fine.
- Arcadestorm, for his help in figuring out the maestro protocol. Furthermore, his unfinished and abandoned
League of Legends patcher was very useful for figuring out how everything worked.
- Why is your patcher faster than riot's patcher?
Mostly because I build the RAF archives on the fly, instead of downloading everything and then packing
it into RAF files.
- Is your patcher open source?
- Why java?
I like java.